Hair Salon Info
324 E College Way
Next to Firehouse Subs
Hair Salon Hours
|Day of the Week||Hours|
|Monday||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Sunday||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Haircuts for Everyone
- Haircuts for Men and Women
- Haircuts for Kids
- Haircuts for Seniors
- Short Style
- Long Style
- Formal Style
- Neck Trim
- Beard Trim
- Bang Trim
- Hair Shampoo
Learn More About Great Clips Services
Express your creativity, work a flexible schedule that fits your lifestyle, and show off your talents with customers in Mount Vernon!
View Salon Jobs
Great Clips Promotions
Check out the latest and greatest product promotions, haircut coupons, and national sports partnerships here. To stay up-to-date faster, download the Great Clips app!
Frequently Asked Questions
- No. Great Clips salons are focused on getting you in and out with a great haircut at whatever time is most convienent for you! You can walk in when you're ready for your haircut, or you can add your name to the waitlist using Online Check-in on greatclips.com or with the Great Clips® app. When you check in online, you can sign up for ReadyNext texts to recieve a text message when your wait time reaches 15 minutes.
- Yes, Great Clips salons accept walk-ins! When you're ready for your haircut, you can walk right in to the salon and check in at the front desk, and you'll be taken back as soon as it's your turn. To make getting your haircut at Great Clips College Way Station even faster, you can check in online on greatclips.com or with the Great Clips® app. If you check in online, you can sign up for ReadyNext texts to recieve a text message when your wait time reaches 15 minutes.
- With Online Check-In®, you can put your name on the list from anywhere – meaning the time you might spend in the lobby can be spent at home or running errands. Online Check-In also shows you real-time estimated wait times so you can make getting a haircut work for your schedule. You can check in online on greatclips.com or with the Great Clips® app! When you check in online, you can also sign up for ReadyNext text alerts to receive a text message when your wait time reaches 15 minutes.
- Check-In can be used for all services except perms and formal updos. Please note that not all salons offer perms. Most salons require an appointment for these services, so please call Great Clips College Way Station to inquire.
- No. For the stylist’s safety, we do not publish their schedules or allow customers to request them using Online Check-In. We do keep Clip Notes®, which are technical notes on previous haircuts you received at a Great Clips salon, so any stylist can give you a consistently great haircut. If you would like to request a particular stylist, be sure to say that when you arrive at the salon and finish your check-in. Note that requesting a stylist may increase your estimated wait time.
- Online Check-In becomes available five minutes after the salon opens. Around closing time, we accept Online Check-Ins up to the point where the Estimated Wait Time is as long as the salon will remain open, or 30 minutes before closing time at the latest. Very rarely a salon will get so busy that the wait time gets too long and Online Check-In will be temporarily unavailable. You’ll probably never see that, but if you do just check back later.
- The Great Clips® app saves you time and makes it easy to check in to your next haircut! With the Great Clips® app, you can set favorite salons that show right on the home screen of the app. If you create an account, checking in is even faster! This lets you quickly see the wait times for nearby salons. Great Clips also sends personalized offers, product promotions, and even haircare and hair styling tips right to your notification inbox.
- Great Clips salons provide haircuts for Men and Women at one great price, with special pricing for Kids haircuts and Senior haircuts. Great Clips College Way Station also offer shampoo services. If you're looking for a quick touch up, Great Clips hair stylists provide neck trims, beard trims, and bang trims. Hair styling services are also available for short styles, long styles, and formal styles. You can view all of Great Clips haircare services here.
- Great Clips salons are independently owned, and the local salon owner determines prices. For salon service pricing information at Great Clips College Way Station, please click here
- Great Clips salons do not provide hair coloring services.
- We want all our customers to feel confident and happy leaving the salon, which is why your complete satisfaction on all services and products is fully guaranteed. If you have concerns with the service or products you received, we encourage you to talk to your local Great Clips salon staff.
- Customers can receive Great Clips coupons through multiple ways including print postcards, Facebook and Instagram ads, emails, app messages, and more. To stay up to date with Great Clips offers and promotions, you can download the app and create a profile, sign up for emails, and follow your local Great Clips salon on Facebook. We urge you to be cautious with any coupons you might see online as some are not authorized by Great Clips or are only applicable to specific salons. If you’re not sure if a coupon is valid, we recommend checking with your local salon."
- Great Clips franchised salons are hiring GREAT hair stylists! Search job openings and submit your interest online at jobs.greatclips.com and a local salon owner will get in touch. You can also walk into a salon to submit an application. All Great Clips salons are owned by independent franchisees that are in charge of their own hiring and employment practices.
About Great Clips at College Way Station
Located in Mount Vernon, WA, Great Clips is a convenient way to get a great haircut at an affordable price.Whether you're looking for a great haircut near you, an expert in men's haircuts, or a hair stylist who's skilled at the latest women's haircut trends, Great Clips has you covered. Our Mount Vernon, WA team of hair stylists receive ongoing training on advanced technical skills, new hairstyle trends, and customer care so they can bring your dream haircut to life.We also make it easy to get your next great haircut. Conveniently located at 324 E College Way in Mount Vernon, WA, we're an easy to get to hair salon near you. And because we're open evenings and weekends, you can get a haircut at a time that works for you. We even save you time with Online Check-In®, letting you put your name on the list in the salon even before you've arrived.We look forward to serving you!
Check in Now
"Tip 20 percent on the true total cost of the service, not the discounted cost," Schweitzer says. "The hairdresser did the same amount of work, so they deserve the same amount of tip."Is $12 a good tip for a haircut? ›
That said, Hardges says that the general rule of thumb when it comes to tipping your hairdresser is at least 20 percent if you're pleased with all aspects of your service—whether you got a major haircut, a basic trim, or a blowout. That means if your haircut cost $60, your tip should probably be $12 or more.Is 20% enough tip for haircut? ›
Not sure how much to tip your hairstylist? We asked three etiquette experts, two salon professionals and a certified financial planner. Most of these experts suggest leaving 15% to 20%, depending on the service and your satisfaction. Going with 20% is nice for the stylist and you because that math is pretty simple.What is the least busy day at a hair salon? ›
Early in the week (like a Tuesday or Wednesday) in either late morning or early afternoon. The stylist isn't tired but is settled into their routine, it's less busy so you'll get more time with the stylist, and it's easier to get a last-minute appointment.How much do you tip for a $15 haircut? ›
How much do you tip a barber for a haircut? You should tip 15% - 20% of the entire bill for good service. You can tip more for exceptional service or less if you felt the work was inadequate.How much do you tip for a $30 haircut? ›
Generally speaking, for good service, you should tip 15 to 20 percent of the entire bill.How much do you tip for a $100 hair color? ›
How much do you tip for a $100 hair color? You should tip 18% - 22% for good service and 25% for excellent service. A quality hair coloring requires a lot of skill and your hairdresser should feel appreciated for their hard work.How much should I tip for a $75 haircut? ›
The Hairstylist and Colorist
Generally, you can tip a hairstylist and colorist just as you would a server in a restaurant. If the service is excellent, you might add a tip of 20 to 30 percent; if the service is good, 15 to 20 percent is a good range.
Re: Tipping for a haircut at Great Clips
I like to tip about 20% for personal services and usually round up to the nearest dollar. So 3 bucks sounds right to me.
People generally tip 15-20% of the bill. To calculate tip multiply the total check by 1 plus the decimal percentage tip you'd like to leave. If you wanted to leave a 20% tip, you would add 1 to 0.20 to get 1.20. Multiply the bill by 1.20 to get the total amount you'd leave including tip.
Etiquette guide the Emily Post Institute may say between 15 and 20 percent is fine, but to tip well — and who wouldn't want to tip well (aside from the aforementioned non-tippers) — 20 percent is the gold standard.What is a good tip for a 92 dollar bill? ›
15-20% of the bill, including drinks.Should I wash my hair before a haircut? ›
So, should you wash your hair before a haircut or not? Usually, the answer is yes, you should shampoo before your appointment. Try to shampoo within 48 hours of your haircut appointment to ensure your hair is clean enough to allow your stylist to see the natural texture and shape of your hair.What should you not do in a hair salon? ›
- Bringing in an unrealistic photograph. ...
- Making an appointment for something completely different. ...
- Taking sneaky pics for your Instagram. ...
- Trying (very badly) to describe what type of hair you have.
Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time so you can get changed and ready for your appointment. If not, your time with your stylist may be shortened. Explain in detail what kind of look you have in mind.How much should I tip for a $10 haircut? ›
How much do you tip for a $10 haircut? I would probably tip three dollars on a 10 dollar haircut. That is a high rate of tipping, but 10 bucks is a cheap haircut.Should I tip my hairdresser in cash? ›
There's no wrong way to give a tip. You can leave cash, write a personal check, utilize apps like Venmo and PayPal, give the tip in person or in an envelope (or a handwritten card), or simply leave it at the front desk for the hairdresser to pick up. You can make tipping as fun and personal as you'd like.How much do you tip a shampoo girl 2022? ›
Remember to tip 20 percent of the entire cost, and the assistants, like the shampoo girls, should be included in your tip.Do you tip the owner? ›
Technically, it is not considered proper etiquette to tip the owner of a business. Instead, the tip should go to the employees. If you frequent a business often, it's a nice gesture to tip generously in order to show your appreciation for services rendered, and to ensure great service in the future.How much do you tip for $45? ›
Yes, It's Rude—You Should Trust Your Stylist
“Prices are determined by what you're asking for. Color, highlights, cut, styling, etc., and if you want highlights and cut and style.
The shorter you go, makes sectioning more challenging. Applying hair color before a haircut makes it so much easier to section while coloring, prevents color overlapping from one section to another, and gives you a great final cut and color.What is a 20 tip on $40? ›
"Three to five dollars is a sufficient tip," Swann says. "It doesn't necessarily need to be a percentage of the food you ordered."What is a good tip for a 60 dollar bill? ›
15-20% of the bill, including drinks. 10% unless their credit card machine is "broken", then no tip. It is now possible to tip using the app.How much do you tip for $1000 hair extensions? ›
If you are getting a very expensive treatment, such as Great Lengths Hair Extensions, it is recommended to tip 10-20%, or for the technicians time spent on the service. It is your call.Is $50 a good tip for hair? ›
The short answer is 15% to 20% or more. If their service was reasonable, leave a 15% tip. If their service was above average, leave a tip of 20% or more. For instance, if your total bill is $100, a 15% tip is $15 and a 20% tip is $20.How much do you tip a hairdresser for $85? ›
15-20% of the bill, including drinks. 10% unless their credit card machine is "broken", then no tip. It is now possible to tip using the app. Most people don't tip, so a small tip would be very appreciated.How much do you tip on a $250 haircut? ›
The usual gratuity for your stylist or colorist (yes, even if they are the owner) should be 15 to 20 percent of the service fee. And while assistants are sometimes tipped out by their stylists, it's still a nice gesture to pass a little something their way.Is 15 dollars a good tip for hairdresser? ›
The short answer is 15% to 20% or more. If their service was reasonable, leave a 15% tip. If their service was above average, leave a tip of 20% or more. For instance, if your total bill is $100, a 15% tip is $15 and a 20% tip is $20.
How Much to Tip for Facials, Waxing, and Other Spa Services. “It's customary to provide an 18 to 20 percent gratuity for any spa service, no matter if it's sugaring or a Biologique Recherche facial,” Angela Rosen, owner of Penelope & The Beauty Bar in Seattle and Daphne in New York City, tells Allure.How much should you tip on a $80 bill? ›
15-20% of the bill, including drinks.What is 20% of a $150? ›
Answer: 20% of 150 is 30.
Let's find 20% of 150.
How Much Should You Tip Your Esthetician for a Facial at a Spa? According to Saime Demirovic, co-founder of GLO Spa NY, 18-20% is customary when seeing an esthetician for a facial. “The industry standard is pretty much the same as tipping at a restaurant,” she says.